Saturday, July 5, 2014

They say cruise ships are for old people

The July 4th weekend is usually a hot time for people to find excuses to go out and "explore" or "relax". My parents, for example, took the chance to go on a cruise ship to Alaska. Leading on some photos that I will be displaying, I think cruise ships are not THAT much fun for youngsters compare to people with a few more years of experience onto their life. Mostly because there isn't anywhere else to satisfy the curiosity of young hearts beside the actual cruise ship itself and the occasional stop onto nameless little towns. A vacation that I imagine that could be a blast would be somewhere with mountains and water, where miscellaneous mountain routes are to be found and rare ocean species are to be discovered; plates to be identified and seafood to be tasted.

My parents' vacation, on the other hand, does not necessarily correlate to what I was originally imagining -- they had a very nice bedroom inside that seemingly large cruise ship, fancy meals that actually looks tasty, and a very low-stress schedule with no deadlines. 


Fancy lighting in bedroom, which is much nicer than what I expected for an economical price.


Appetizer before main meal during dinner, I gotta say, this plate display certain level of aesthetics. 


I am not sure about your parents, but my parents love the idea of eating fatty snacks and reading whichever book of interest at the time. Apparently it is a sign of luxury during the older French Rococo times, and they love to preserve tradition.




Alaska ice. It's blue.



Occasional stop by of local towns. I am loving the clouds, although the tonality of clouds looks quite blue.

Have a happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment