Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Scrumtious!

I encountered this delicious dessert when I was volunteering at Sibley. At first I just wanted a slice of the pound cake that were overflowing with pleasant esters of vanilla. Soft and spongy, easily digestable cake reminded me of that famous phase from Marie Antoinette: Qu’ils mangent de la brioche (Let them eat cake). Unfortunately I don't have the recipe for the pound cake, it seemed commercially available. As I started stuffing my face with pound cake, Ms. Nice Nurse came by and demanded me to try Scrumtious! that was located in the freezer. At first I declined, because 1) I do not want to take in additional fats, and 2) I was too lazy to do all of these things. Due to persistent requests, I finally took this miscellaneous cream out of the freezer, and added to my pound cake -- it was heaven in my mouth. And I cannot stop eating. Good thing I got the recipe, you can try to make it to see if you can stop eating or not.


The commercially available pound cake.


The so called Scrumtious! with recipe below:

- 1 can of condensed milk
- 3 containers of heavy wipe cream
- 3 can of fruit cocktail (drained)
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice

Instruction: Add the items above and mix well in a large bow with listed order. Stick in the freezer until it solidifies. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment