Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The New Studio Apartment

Because I am getting a new studio apartment to live on my own, I have this extra opportunity to expand on my creativity. It is a small but very new studio apartment with a merged living room/dining room. I have been thinking about ways to spaciously create a dinning/study/living/bedroom merge. It is quite a difficult task, specially when I am not an interior design expert.

One thing I really want to avoid is to shove my bed right in the face of the entrance doorway. I wanted to introduce a living room feel at the entrance without clustering up with furnitures. That means as little furnitures as possible and colorful accessories. I also thought about an office/living room merge dividing the dining room from bedroom area with dividers. Natural toned dividers such as large plants would match with the provided green carpet and beige colored countertops. As I was thinking, I looked up on some sample studio apartment designs, and was completely wowed by how efficient a studio apartment can be. Below are some sample models from home-designing.com:









Part of what makes these models so nice is excessive lighting. Lighting makes a large difference in the mood of the room. Another is color, which all depends on the owners' personal character. With these in mind, I think Ikea will help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment