Saturday, July 12, 2014

Half finished painting

I did not forget about my painting hobby.


Medium: Acrylic.

I painted this one day when I was under major stress. Those stress were accumulated mostly due to overbearing promises I have made to others and my obligation to keep my words. I wanted to paint something as practice to blending. For acrylic paints, I find blending a quite difficult technique to master. It is true that you can blend with additional water, but the amount of water on the brush is hard to control. Furthermore, based on how dry the paints are, the flexibility of blending varies. 

My inspiration for this painting coming from my deep desire to be in large cities. Living in Bethesda and Washington, D.C. has made me crave for the skyscrapers and gray clouds. It might be more or less obvious that this painting was paint over an older one. I was not entirely satisfied with the older painting, due to incomplete understanding in natural color and lighting, and painting over an older less satisfactory painting is a perfect way to destroy evidence for my past failure. The reason why this painting is a half finished painting is only because I think there are more adjustments I can make to make this more realistic looking. And how exactly I will do to achieve this, is yet unknown to me.

2 comments: