Friday, July 25, 2014

Emaciated Deer?


I encountered this frightened deer on my way to volunteering. It was really alarmed when I took this picture, partially because I was staring at it for a good five minutes and pulling out high technology right in front of it. But I was quite surprised that a deer of this size is outside on a private lawn in the middle of the day. Usually I see groups of deers walking on the side of streets in DC in the middle of the night to prevent pedestrian's attention, I guess this one just wants attention. I could not make it from the looks of it whether it is so emaciated that its rib cage is showing, or it is very well fed and lean so that I can see the outlines of its muscle. Judging from my belief that deers don't usually come out during the day, I would go for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment