Sunday, July 13, 2014

Grocery shopping on an empty stomach

It was a Sunday morning and I had no plans for the day. I thought I could enjoy my free time, read some books, and sit under the sun. One grouchy stomach alarmed me to open my refigerator for some carbs. There was nothing. I wasn't sure how that was physically possible. Most people have trouble getting rid of things in their refrigerator, and I thought I was like that too. Even there were no fresh produce left, at least the cans and jars of leftovers and produced goods would remain. But this time, there were nothing. The refrigerator was white. 

Hence I made a priority to stop by the nearby asian supermarket for some food that I am more used to. Everything in the supermarket looked delicious. What appeared in my brain was different ways to cooking with whichever ingredient I see. Salmon to be steamed or pan fried, pork bones made in soup as soup bases. Then I realized my superior appetite was caused by my empty stomach, which constantly sends signal to my brain about how hungry I actually am. My shopping cart ended up with something like this:


It was certainly over 100 dollars that I spend on groceries for that trip. I think that will keep me well feed with high sugar and salt foods for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment