Thursday, June 26, 2014

Resisting the sales

There is no doubt that once your desired clothing or gadgets are on sale, you would not wait to pull out those dollar bills in exchange for something you dreamed for a long time. I know I am definitely like that, no patients and lack in self control. Some sales are 50-75%, which made my heart skip a beat, while others are 10% maximum, but still stimulated my urge to look further.

My funding for the month has been low for the past week, due to uncontrolled spending to pamper myself. While dwelling over the internet, I discovered crazy sales for my favorite clothing brands like banana republic, J.crew, etc. I spend an hour of my time looking over the different sale items, each and everyone of them is absolute requirement to complete my wardrobe. But at the end, I was still hesitant to click on the checkout button. I guess for online shopping it is easy to add items into your virtual basket and check things out. There is no sense of the flow of money when one mouse click means doing a simple math problem with the number that appears on your bank account. The danger of sales is not just that it prompts people to spend, but to spend while thinking it is the buyer's only opportunity. The safe-then-sorry notion plays our psychology very well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment