Sunday, July 20, 2014

Cold in the Summer

Its the summer and air conditioning is all over the place. I never understood why the indoor air conditioning have to set at less than 70 degrees. I guess it would make sense for the body temperature to immediately cool down once inside a fully air conditioned building. The temperature inside the building, however, is much below what normal people can handle. It is very cold, and out door summer clothing could not suffice.

So I was sleeping one day, with the central-controlled air conditioner running full blast. The next day, I got a cold. Running nose, coughing, sore throat, no fever -- classic bacterial infection on my air way. It was strange at work being the only individual with a cold. Instead of gaining sympathy, I caused laughter, in addition to the occusional envy of my powerful air conditioner. After the cold subsided, I ended up with a never ending cough. They say a cough takes forever to heal. Therefore, in addition to coughing into people's faces all the time, eating cough drops constantly, I just have to patiently wait for 2-4 weeks for my cough to be gone and horse voice to be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment