Thursday, July 17, 2014

Oya Restaurant & Lounge in Washington, D.C.

I have been wanting to write about Oya Restaurant & Lounge for a long time. It seems like the more I waited to write this post, the lower ratings I give to this place. My first time going to Oya was two years ago. I went with my best friend as a temporary stopping place before our girls' night out began. We noticed that it was an asian fusion place, so we ordered sushi to see how different the fusion-ed sushi is --- It tastes like normal sushi with mayos.

The second time I went was a year ago. I went there for the romantic atmosphere: dark and mysterious, warm glowing white roses. There are large panels of mirrors on the walls, white classy table cloth and chairs, chandeliers and transparent diamonds hanging from all over the ceiling. I had the atlantic salmon, and it was yummy.







Very recently I went there again with a girlfriend of mine. Remembered the salmon as a decent dish, I was feeling in the mood to try some of their other entrees without caution. I ordered the NY strip steak, and my friend with her lamb chop. And we were so disappointed. Strip steak was not seasoned well; lamb chop was over cooked and dry.



Lamb Chop. 6.5/10.



NY strip steak. 6/10.



We will probably not visit this place anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment