Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cough Drops

A cough is difficult to recover, especially when you have a job that involves a lot of talking and people don't mind being coughed right in the face. My new coworker, who started his work days a month, is constantly facing my cough, and nice enough to not say anything about it. On the way home, however, I do encounter people who became very alarmed about my cough. They would purposefully walk away from me if I'm walking, or purposefully sit away from me if I'm on the metro. To prevent social awkwardness and causing negative first impressions, I tried some of those over-the-counter cough syrups that apparently have no use for me. I then started constantly popping cough drops one by one. Those cough drops really work. With the overpowering scent of menthol, I can barely feel my throat. Over the weekend I was studying with a couple of friends, and to prevent consistent disturbance peaceful study environment, I was eating cough drops non-stop. With the accumulated mountain-high garbage, I developed a surprisingly high amount of control over my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment