Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vietnamese Hospitality

I had always thought pho noodles were something that only restaurants can make. Little do I know, that it is a common dish made by Vietnamese households, all the time, without much difficulty. Friend's family invited us all over for some noodle lunch. At first I didn't know what to expect. Having images of instant pho noodles in my mind, I kept on telling myself to smile no matter what comes up to my face. And when I got to the house, not only was I pleasantly surprised with how nicely decorated the house is, I was also excited with the omnipresent smell of beef broth. Aside from the raw basil, scallions, bean spouts, oyster sauce, and Sriacha that were offered in restaurants, those beef/chicken broth were even better. Steaming broth with fresh scallion, onions, and softly boiled rice noodles -- deliciousness.







We were offered ice cream for dessert. But I didn't feel like having ice cream during the day. So instead, we had a bottle of Moscato that we got from Costco. I am never a heavy drinker, and only appreciate Moscatos that contained less than 10% of alcohol content. It was a nice bottle of Moscato d'Asti with 5% alcohol content. Sparkly and fruity, just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment