Tuesday, October 28, 2014

China Garden in Rosslyn, Virginia

China Garden in Rosslyn serves pretty authentic dim sum in the morning. I went there with friends on the weekend mornings and it was very crowded. Attendance is mostly Chinese families that stretches out three or even four generations. Even now and then there would be waitresses walking around with carts of different dim sum options. The laid back atmosphere forced me to take longer on my meals. My stay here was definitely longer than just one or two hours. This restaurant features festival style tables and grand chandeliers that hover over your heads. I know that all dim sum places look like this, but was never able to figure out the rational behind it.

Shrimp dumpling, flat noodles, and radish cake was definitely a typical dim sum dish. We also got some weird ones like shrimp paste stuffed mushrooms and grilled shrimp pancakes. I wouldn't say it was the best dim sum I have had, but knowing that this is Washington, D.C., I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment