Monday, October 27, 2014

Juice Cleanse

I have heard about juice cleanse for a long time. It used to be a hipster thing, but now it has successfully transitioned itself into a health nut necessity. I looked into some of the commercially available juice cleanse, and discovered that they were unrealistically expensive. Some juice cleanse packs come with comprehensive instructions for a three-day juice, while others just dump you a couple bottles of juice. I was not even thinking about a juice cleanse until I felt perplexed with a large meal of junk food I had the night before.

The ingredients for a juice cleanse are pretty much fiber, just like a salad. The idea was that the indigestible fibers can run through your system without putting too much stress on your digestive system in the form of a juice. They can absorbed faster and clean out your system at a faster rate. So I put carrots, celery, and kale in a blender with water, and took it to work the next day.



I had five bottles of these, and was drinking one bottle for every 1.5 hours. They taste absolutely awful, but fills you up pretty quickly. I didn't necessarily felt overall better after the cleanse, but had a reduced appetite for the rest of the day. Some websites suggest slowly introducing protein in your diet at the end of the day and the day after, but I went on and had large doses of healthy protein that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment