Saturday, October 18, 2014

Tuna Tasting

I was shopping at H mart the other day then I came upon this:



At first I was not sure what was going on. It was positioned right next to the seafood section, but doesn't quite make sense for it to placed on a table as a display rather a merchandise. Later on I realized that it was having a tuna tasting with the chef cut off fresh tuna from the fish in front of you. I wasn't sure if I would feel comfortable to enjoy the tuna seeing it being taken off from another animal. Even through I eat tuna quite often, but seeing my source of protein coming off from the scarifies of other animals is not what I often imagined. Perhaps this is the reason why people transition into vegetarians -- through the shock they have seen after slothering another animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment