Thursday, October 16, 2014

Urban Thai in Crystal City, Virginia

Urban Thai calls themselves advocates for modern Thai cuisine, but I think they should advocate themselves as "just another Americanized Thai restaurant". Did that sound overly critical? Well, this place is pretty comparable to Siam House in Cleveland Park, Washington, D.C. Yet I think Siam House might just be a little bit better. It is a nice sized restaurant with relatively high cellings. The interior of the restaurant reminds me of those small restaurants in asia - minimal decorations, juxtaposed tables and chairs, and some outdoor seating just for the sake of being there. The restaurant was very clean, cleaner than most of the asian restaurants I have seen. We sat down at a corner, for some quiet conversations away from large crowds.

Company and I got seafood spaghetti, and drunken noodles for our main entrees, and spring rolls as appetizers. The seafood spaghetti did not taste of Italian spaghetti, which was what I was expecting. Indeed, it had a nice taste of Tom Yum -- sour and spicy. The seafood was not fresh, but I would not judge for the amount of price that we paid for these dishes. Drunken noodles was delicious as other drunken noodles, however, the chicken was hard and brittle, which seen overcooked. The spring rolls were mediocre, but I will give it an A for appearance.





No comments:

Post a Comment