Monday, October 13, 2014

Ocean City in October

I was in Ocean City earlier this month, and was surprised to see so little people mingling around the beach when the temperature drops 10 degrees. It seemed like a ghost town -- extremely different from what it was like a month ago. Noted it was a quite gloomy day, the ocean water was rough, waves were larger. No one was walking on the boardwalk, and some stores were even closed. I wonder if the cafes, bars, clothing stores ever make money in the winter, and how they can pay for their rental fee whole year long.





Without human traffic, I can run on the boardwalk without any stopping. It was nice running while looking at the ocean -- calming and therapeutic.







And before I notice, I have hit the 2.14 mile mark that stretches out down to the theme park. With some smells of steak fries and seafood happy hour on the way as temptations, I was able to complete an out door run of 2.14 miles without stopping. Pat myself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment