Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Uncle Julio's in Bethesdsa, Maryland

Uncle Julio's (pronounces: Uncle Hulio's) is a Mexican chain restaurant around the eastern half of the country. The one I went to is located in Bethesda Row. It is a nice corner property with outdoor seating on the side of the pedestrian road, making outdoor seating very pleasant in a nice fall day.



I don't know much about Mexican food, but I am pretty familiar with burritos. I have been to a number of Mexican restaurants in the past. All I know is that those Mexican dishes always fill me up pretty quickly, and I always ended up taking home a whole bunch of food. Part of the reason might be due to their delicious unlimited chip with salsa.



We ordered the Beef fajitas special for two. And again, it was a large portion that they provide: beans, rice, nicely grilled beef, and sautéed pepper and onions.





It was absolutely delicious. The beef was nicely grilled to medium rare. Along with the guacamole and the sour cream, it made quite an impression on me. The sautéed onions and peppers, on the other hand, were not fully sautéed. The peppers were crispy, but the onions were spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment