Friday, October 17, 2014

Finding the balance

Balance between having a social life, work, things I actually want to do, and things that I actually need to do, has been quite difficult for me. There are only 24 hours in a day, and there is one of me. Often times I face the option of choosing between hanging out with friends whom I had not seen in a long time, going to the gym and be more healthy, go to work to get some additional work done, or stay home and study for important exams. I realized that it is actually quite easy to get lost in endless of fun with friends, to a point that I just want to quite my job, give up all my dreams for something greater, and stay in my current state. It is also easy, to immerse myself in work and studying, and tighten up my brain muscle to reject all sort of fun and excitement in my life. 

Finding a balance between the two, is suppose to be healthy. However, it takes quite some work to transition from work mode to fun mode. It takes even more work to switch from fun mode back to the seriousness of research and business. Worse case scenario that you are jaded by the work stress and dying to get out of jail-like offices, or standing surrounding people who are having fun while worrying about all the things you could have done better at work. I started to notice a trend: one month of work focused life followed by one month of fun. It's a cycle, fluctuating in between and never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment