Friday, September 19, 2014

Stressed out at work

Usually work stress does not come at you all at once. For me, it is more of a gradual increase. Piles of tedious things build up along with a number of deadlines one by one. Other times work stress is due to my own fault of procrastination - leading to catastrophic break downs after work and the urge to get away from work as soon as possible. Dealing with people and make sure all of the sudden request and loads of work were being taken care of immediately is quite stressful. It adds a lack of control to work place that can easily put people off place. I am pretty sure this is a process that anyone go through once they start their full time job, unfortunately it was too late before I started taking preventative action.

There are about three ways for me to de-stress after work: go shopping, play piano, workout. So far those activities have taken a major block of my time, and is on of the most enjoyable time of the day. I had never through I would dislike work, knowing that fact that I am slightly workaholic. However, I guess work stress can make a workaholic into workaphobic (not a word).

No comments:

Post a Comment