Thursday, September 11, 2014

Raku in Bethesda, Maryland

A friend and I stopped by Raku in Bethesda Row at 10pm after some golfing. I have heard mixed reviews about this place.

Person A: Try their Chilean Seabass, it is only of the best dishes I have never had. I wish I could just order this dish as take out there everyday.
Person B: It is a chain, and the Raku in Bethesda is not as good as the ones elsewhere.
Person C: I heard from a friend that is not good, there are more authentic Japanese restaurants in Bethesda.
Person D: They are some awesome sushi!

Therefore, before I visited this restaurant, I remember this place as the restaurant with the most varied reviews. Also I had the longest time finding this place because they are smashed in between many other outdoor restaurants on Woodmont Avenue. Finally I spotted a small asian lady standing at the entrance of the restaurant, and this is it!

We sat down right before the kitchen was closing and ordered the Vegetable Shoyu Ramen. I am sorry to say that I did not enjoy it, the flavors did not stick out, and vegetables were almost raw. Next time I am going to go for the Chilean Seabass.

No comments:

Post a Comment