Monday, September 8, 2014

Innate Disgust

I was flipping through science magazine the other day. My mind was not fixated on one particular thing, eyes were just glancing over pictures and diagrams to see what can grab my interest. I encountered a picture of the Chinese primier, Li Keqiang, talking with visiting intellectuals inside one of those governmentally built conference rooms. I stared at the picture of the famous Science editor-in-chief sitting on the typical red arm chair, facing Li. My anger began to rise.

I wasn't sure whether it was my innate disgust towards the Chinese government, or my dislike towards Chinese art and decorations -- I felt uncomfortable. I didn't like the say he was sitting, it reminds me of those Chinese politicians who slowly lost their sense of humanity once they gained power. I didn't like the fact that there was always women in the background of every picture of Chinese politicians, it reminds me of the polygamy that the Chinese society used to practice. I didn't like the fact that the room was overly glorified with colors of gold and red, they symbolize the conceited and narcissistic mind of people who treat themselves as emperors.

I was absolutely disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment