Thursday, September 18, 2014

2 Amys in Washington D.C.

2 Amys is known for their neopolitan pizzeria. A few years ago the neopolitan pizzeria striked up food fever in the US, just like tapas. However, I believe the neopolitan pizzas are less over rated than tapas. It is a one-size pizza, and you don't have to share it with others -- how nice is that. Further down north west side of DC is this low-key restaurant, sitting right next to Giant and a locally well-known Mexican restaurant. 

What I had was their classic 2amys pizze. It has thicker crusts surrounding a thin layer of hand made flour dough with fresh marinara, tomato, and mozzeralla cheese melted on top. 2amys also provide special menu on a daily basis based on the fresh ingredients available. To me, that does not seem like a good thing because what if I started liking a dish what was only offered on specific season and specific days?


These pizzerias were served with forks and knives. It made me feel overly civilized eating the small pizza with utensils. And I gotta say: those utensils are pretty hard to use on pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment