Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Huong Viet in Eden Center, Viriginia

So I came upon this place through a friend's strong recommendation. A friend who is super picky about food, a friend who has lived all over the world and tasted the locals of many places. He told me about Eden center, an asian oriented strip mall featuring restaurants and bakeries that gear towards the local Vietnamese population in Virginia. 



I have had a number of pho noodles in New York, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. But people always tells me that there are more authentic pho noodles somewhere down in California and Virginia. Well, I took the chance to try it at Huong Viet, and it was amazing.


We had their Cha Gio (Fried spring rolls with duck sauce), which was crispy and fresh. The pho noodles with chicken and egg noodles, which I see as a variation as the classical pho, was surprisingly good with tender chicken strips and chewy egg noodles. Their classic pho noodle with beef broth and pork, unfortunately, was almost as good as the ones I had in Maryland.


Cha Gio



Egg noodle in chicken broth



Rice noodle in beef broth

No comments:

Post a Comment