Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Source in Washington, D.C.

The Source is one of the restaurants owned by the renowned chef Wolfgang Puck, who built his own empire of restaurants starting from L.A. This restaurant is located right next to Newseum, an interactive museum for news and journalism, located right in the heart of DC. I went there for lunch after some important morning ceremony. We were their first customer. The restaurant had a very up-scale and flashy feel with windows and industrialized interior design.

The Source serve dishes that they call "Asian fusion". To me, someone who's not so picky about Asian food, those dishes just seem Asian to me. I failed to see any New American inspiration from those dishes.



Pork Potstickers with Chinese black vinegar dipping sauce.



Steamed Atlantic Salmon "Hong Kong Style" Baby Bok Choy, Ginger, Soy



"Thai Style" Drunken Noodles, Gulf Shrimp, Thai Chilies, Holy Basil

There is nothing uniquely different about those dishes unfortunately. I would use one word to describe my experience at the Source: Fancy. The jacked up price I believe is partially due to the location, extravagant ambiance, and sounding of Wolfgang Puck.

No comments:

Post a Comment