Saturday, August 30, 2014

Green Onions in Water, 2014

For the past month I have had a nice dozen of roses sitting in my new studio apartment. However, everyone knows the beauty of the fresh rose does not last forever. I ended up drying the roses, leading to a couple of maroon-colored objects that I felt reluctant to touch. It is difficult for me to associate those dried roses to myself another fifty years down the line -- when I became older, when my skin became wrinkled, when I am exhausted of the problems of the world, and when I finally understood things around me but am too late to correct what I have done. It was saddening to watch roses dried up, immobile, facing down. They looked abandoned, non-living, like they have already gave up.

Well I just got rid of those roses today, leaving an empty glass jar. Too lazy to chop up the green onions and stick them in the freezer, I stuck them into my flower jar and called it art. This is what they ended up looking like:


Because it was simple, I would call it minimalism. I also named this work of art: Green Onions in Water. I hope these green onions will grow and prosper, instead of running down on the biological clock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment