Wednesday, August 27, 2014

At Home Desserts

I had a friend over for dinner last night, and we were debating what to have for dessert. Because she was from Japan, she has a preference for typical Japanese dessert. Unsure what exactly to have, we decided to tour around Trader Joe's, which happened to be located right next to where I live. We bumped into Mochi Ice Cream, the dessert that people in Japan have all the time.



This wasn't my first introduction to Mochi ice cream. My family up in New York have this all the time as snack, not necessarily specifically for dessert. To be honest, I was never a fan of the teeth-sticking layer of flour around the ice cream. Plus, the room-temperatured surroundings yield too much of a contrast from the ice cream on the inside. I always get a unexpected shock when I actually bite into the ice cream -- too cold.



We ended up having green tea flavored mochi ice cream with some frozen grapes. I really liked the frozen grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment