Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Roommate Situations


When it comes to roommates, I am sure people have different experiences. Of course there are those people that are very picky when it comes to roommates, while others do not have strong preferences because their personalities are just so "chill". I, on the other hand, have had many problems with roommates. Either because their standards of living does not run on similar horizon as mine, or because our passive aggressive manners behave like nuclear bombs.

I guess my first roommate was my mom, but that didn't count. I got my second and third roommate in college freshman year. It was a "triplet", which you are stick in a small room with two other seemingly very nice ladies. Judging from our young age, many people will know immediately that this did not go well. We initiated our imaginary fun college years with no rules for the room. And that means you can bring any boy over at any time, you can get up at anytime and play loud music at any time, you can have loud and emotional telephone conversations at any time, you can be drunk at any time of the day and talk about your current drunken state at any time. That ended up not going well, especially since all of us have many thoughts not communicated, and complaints to each of our newly-established friends. We ended up the college year gaining more enemies than friends.

After that year I was devastated, so I moved into an studio apartment by myself. That, was heaven, until the rent got too high. Luckily one day I met a very studious girl in my junior year in college, who is extremely responsible and shares very similar living habits with me. We then decided to room together and everything was great.

Good roommates are very hard to find. It involves a certain degree of trust, understanding, and respect for one another to live without any conflicts. Often times I became too lazy to actively go and search out those people, and pay extra in rental fee for the harmonious living situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment