Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Economists - Audio

As an immigrant, I choose to expose myself to media that are in my mother tongue. However, I often recognize my over exposure to non-English causes my English to decline. My solution to better verbal English is listening to The Economists Audio. This can be available when you have the Economists prescription. This method is especially convenient for me since I run a lot of experiments in lab that do not require communicating with others.

One time I did not finish all of the audio for the newest article, so I decided to go home and play it on my laptop instead from my phone. The audio can be downloaded from the Economists website, but will be separated into individual articles. Now, even through I am a big fan of Mac systems, I dislike iTunes. I dislike iTunes in a way that I will purposefully avoid opening it. Of course the next option aside from iTunes is QuickTime Player. I selected all available audios and clicked on QuickTime Player, then felt incredibly stupid afterwards.


I ended up spending solid two minutes closing all of the windows, only then to discover the hot key for closing all of those annoying windows: command+w.

I am still on the hunt for good media playing software that is simple, convenient, doesn't take up much ram for Macs. Maybe I should develop one myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment