Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Coping with post break-ups

After my last relationship breakup, I slowly dig my way into the art of busy-ness. Piling projects on myself one on top of another. Every now and then was the feeling of emptiness at sleepless nights, resulting in twists and turns that eventually led to combustions of tears in silent realms. During the day, these emotions retrieved back into the subconscious, and allow me few moments of my own time.

I have signed for many things to help me cope with my breakups-- ambitious acrylic paintings of landscapes, new scores from Liszt and Rachmaninov, daily runs, organizing social events, graphic design competitions, etc. Believe it or not, I am still looking for projects to involve myself with. And if there isn't one, I make one.

What resulted was stressed day time and absenting night time. Sharp contrast of socially-involved day lights with silent and neglected moon lights is (from what I believe) really having an affect on the way my hypothalamus secrete its hormones. If you are as equally as frustrated at the world as me, click the youtube video below -- it will calm you down a bit.


Despite all these things going on, I have to say that I am handling the post break-up times very well. From my experiences with post break-ups, there is a few pointers that I came up with.

If you noticed that you are constantly buying, eating, and obtaining new things for yourself, then you see the break-up as something is missing in your life. These behaviors tend to happen to people with decent amount of self-confidence and self-esteem (yes I think self-confidence and self-esteem are two different things). A good coping mechanism for your post break-up would be to embed yourself in work. Work will slowly take over what you initially considered missing, and it will also build a good reputation for you as a hard worker. You will gain more confidence through the amount of time you put into work, and enjoy the fruits of success.

If you noticed that you shut yourself in your room and refuse to go outside and see people, then embedding in work will not be good for you. You will feel the extra burden of facing your own tragedy as well as being slaved around by your boss. This behavior usually occur to people that are in the process of maturation. If you are one of those people, something good can be volunteering. You will find through volunteering that there are people that are less fortunate than you; there are actually people in this world that needs you, as oppose to dumping you. Once you understand this, you will be able to pull yourself out of the post break-up and move on to a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment