Monday, July 20, 2015

Master Cleanse Day 1

So I am starting on this Master Cleanse diet. It's a recommended 10 day diet to "detoxify" your body and lose weight. It consists of a salt water flush as breakfast, then a spicy lemonade drink that you can indulge yourself throughout the day, and end with a laxative tea right before you go to bed. It's summer, and I have a food baby, so I am getting an abortion.

My experience for the first day of the master cleanse is not pleasant. The salt water flush does not taste pleasant to the mouth. I have to drink water afterwards to make sure that I washed out the salt in my mouth. It takes about 30 minutes for the salt water to go through my system, and what I got was watery diarrhea. Throughout the day I drank 50oz of the lemonade while drooling over all of the solid food my coworkers were having. It was definitely torture, but I was able to hold it in.

As dinner time approaches, my urge to eat solid food, especially foods with strong tastes, such as steak, or lamb chop, intensifies. I have the urge to look at pictures of food, I went on Yelp and researched on restaurants that I want to try after I finished the master cleanse. After suppressing my desire to eat, I started looking for other things to do to diverge my attention from solid foods. I drank my laxative tea, and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment