Friday, July 10, 2015

Del Frisco's in New York, New York

How many fancy, corporate level, over the top, traditional American restaurants are there in New York? Countless. Palm, Ruth's Chris, Cheesecake factory? Joking. You see men dressed up in suits, women in evening gowns, filled with artificial happiness and sense of entitlement. Call me insecure but I am not a fan of those places. I was unfortunate to be in one, and it happens to be Del Frisco's in New York. 


First of all, the location of this place is just gold. Located in the heart of major tourist destination and expensive office buildings, this place attracts lobbyists, investment bankers, and pretty people. You can argue that one of its more justifiable reason to charge sky high price for its food is the rental fee, which I deeply understand.


Inside of this restaurant is this dooming-yellowish-lighting-thing watching over us. I'm not sure why it is there, I don't like it. It's condescending floor to three-stories-tall ceiling windows certainly makes me feel like at home.


If you look outside the window, you see more cool office building architectures swimming in clouds of god-knows-what and kick-ass lighting effects. 


We ordered snow crabs. It was meh. I don't like snow crabs.


We ordered beef tartar. It was awesome. Crunchy bread, tender beef tartar mixed with just enough seasoning. Not too salty, not too light, just enough to be a good appetizer. 


This is what we went there for, the Wagyu long bone. It was the most expensive piece of meat I have ever had. And I certainly do not think that it is worth it. Yes that the texture of the steak is good, but I admit that I am not a steak pro, so that Wagyu tasted the same as my prime rib steak bought from Trader Joe's. However, this Wagyu does have complex layers of flavors on the outside that I am amazed to taste.


See that fancy service? I can feel that sense of entitlement just looking at this picture.


We also ordered lobster macaroni and cheese. It was meh. I don't like lobster. Oh and did I mention that they bring out over baked sizzling plates so it can keep your food warm? I burned my hand on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment