Sunday, February 1, 2015

Woodmont Grill in Bethesda, Maryland

Woodmont Grill, known as the fanciest, oldest, most sophisticated, with the most numbers of senior customers restaurant in Bethesda, is owned by the Hillstone Restaurant Group. The Hillstone Restaurant Group is a restaurant management company that has a number of branches over the states and features higher level traditional American cuisines. Every time when people mention this place, I think old money, traditional, model-looking waitresses, polished wooden bars, and extravagant embellishments. To be honest, this place never appeared to my liking, simply because the predominant social class it serves is outside of where I belong. As a fan of hole-in-the-walls, small but cheap food and restaurants, Woodmont Grill is simply too much for me. Due to some special dinning occasion, I stepped into this restaurant, feeling like a toddler. 


I had the Rutherford steak with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese salad. It was good. This piece of bone-in-ribeye was tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. There is nothing else I can say about it. It was just simply one of the perfectly done steak I have had. And the salad on the side, was absolutely delicious. House dressing drizzles enhanced sourness of the cherry tomatoes on the side, molten blue cheese enhanced the extreme taste of the salad and creates a strong contrast from the rich and full steak. It was delicious, and a dish that I am willing for wait for another special occasion to have again.

No comments:

Post a Comment