Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Trader Joe's's Valentines Day Cake

Trader Joe's always have delicious goodies. It doesn't matter if it is frozen foods, prepared foods, chips, cheeses, or sweets, Trader Joe's makes it better than any other grocery stores. Last week was the whole Valentines week frantic with any store in the visible range celling heart shaped cut-outs and chocolates with cheesy writings. I wasn't sure if it is the whole love atmosphere that affected me to draw my eyes on this cute, small piece of cake, or my child at heart that grabs everything that looks fun and new, but I picked up this cake among a shelf full of desserts from Trader Joe's to see if it tastes just as good as it looks.


And it does! This cake is covered with milk chocolate. The pink heart and green vine patterns are made out of coco butter, like white chocolate. The cake as three chocolate layers and separated by a layers of chocolate cream. It was delicious: spongy cake with milky chocolate fillings. However, this cake was small. Even through it is shaped like a heart to indicate a couple-ish portion, it all went into my stomach while the other poor dude right next to me just sat and watch. I can't wait to try other cakes Trader Joe has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment