Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sushi Damo in Rockville, Maryland

Sushi Damo has two locations, one in New York City, and one in...Rockville, Maryland. In comparsion to the omnious NYC, the little suburban town slightly close to DC in Maryland does not sound nearly as glamourous. I decided to give that place a shot, because of the fact that there is a sister chain located in NYC, and I was not so impressed with the food, but happy with the restaurant environemnt.


I got brown rice tea to counterfeit the cold weather, but it was not brown rice tea, it was Japanese green tea with caffine in it. That was my first disappointment.


Sashimi as the entree comes with your choice of soup or salad. The miso soup was less salty than some of the commercially availiable instant miso soup, which scored some points for my visit. Sashimi also comes with a bowl of sticky rice, which made me feel like I was having a DIY sushi session. Let that aside, the sashimi was not the most fresh fish I have had. But even through the quality of the fish was not to my liking, it did live up to the level of an okay sushi restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment