Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chai Northern Thai Kitchen in Manhattan, New York City

There are many restaurants in New York City where I walk in without even looking at the name of the restaurant. Some of the only memorable thing about places I ate in this busy city were the inner looks and actual dishes. Chai Northern Thai Kitchen was one of the restaurants I walk in just to find somewhere interesting to eat. However, with that said, it is a pretty trendy and modern place. The indoor pond inside this small restaurant with floating lilies and bird cages seem more like a decorative feature that is there to get things off a trendy restaurant check list. I certainly sense a waste of space with this large piece of art work standing at a corner of the restaurant when the other tables and chairs are squeezed to the sides.


Curry Puff: not impressive. The hardened exterior shell surrounding salty curry interior do make me knit my eyebrows. The sauce on the side was something I cannot identify, and did not go well with the intense flavor of the curry puff itself.


Drunken Noodle (Khi Mao) with Tofu. I liked the fried tofu, they had crispy skins and soft interiors. I did not like the noodles, they seem to be stir-fried for too long. Some flat noodles were stick together with the inner pieces unable to adapt any flavors. Seasoning was too strong and not equally distributed. I would like to believe that this is just a dish that resulted in some mistake by the chef.


Another restaurant with looks more than taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment