Friday, May 16, 2014

Max Brenner in Bethesda, MD

Friday night is again one of those times that is only reasonable to hang out with friends. My friends and I went around bethesda row before seeing the movie Godzilla. Along the fancy light-decorated trees, summery restaurant table sets, and red brick roads on Woodmont avenue, is Max Brenner, whose mission is to "create a new chocolate culture worldwide". So far, I don't think they have succeeded too far on their mission yet.

Anyway, to kill time before the movie starts, we went in. It can easily served as a lounge, perfect for a girl time out. Although we have seen many high school teenagers on dates or girl times, many older people adore this place as well.



I find it interesting that they provide number signs, in table top style, to customers waiting on their order.

They have extensive menu that are chocolate themed. Their popular dish is the milk shake, according to Yelp. We ordered Smorez due to low exposure, and find our portion of food nicely calculated. Unfortunately I was not in the smorez mood, so I toasted some marshmallows. Toasting marshmallows makes me want to camp!

The fire pot provided gained an enormous attention. People saw the fire on the smorez, and their one of their own. I am pretty sure that we were advertising smorez for the restaurant. Once the fire ran out, we were able to ask them to get a new one for us, while take a chance to look at what exactly that was burning.

The pick solid inside the pot is ethanol gel. Makes sense.
Overall I would recommend this place as a date or girls night out place for desserts. However, their desserts are on the pricey side, similar to Leopold.

No comments:

Post a Comment