Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Complains?


Some people like to complain. They complain just to let things out. Others complain for a suggestion. Some people like to listen. They listen to get to know more about others lives. Others listen actively to give their opinions. 
If complainers gets mismatched with the wrong kind of listeners, the pair would get a less desired outcome.
And this is my friend and I at the dinner table:

Me: Blah blah blah long story short my boss is preventing me from doing greater things due to my lack of a degree.
Friend: You should tell your boss's boss to let your boss know who's the boss.
Me: But then I would get into trouble since my boss's boss trust my boss.
Friend: You should at least make the initiative. You will never know unless you try. Just show your boss's boss the proof.
Me: But it's difficult get proof and plus this would get my boss in trouble.
Friend: So what? You need to confront things and clear this out!
Me: But I feel like there are underlying rules that you have to obey in my work environment, if I don't follow those un-said rules, I would make a bad impression.
Friend: Why do you have to follow the rules? Do you know who didn't follow the rules? 
Me: …
Friend: AMERICA!
Me: …
Friend: And what happened if they didn't follow the rules?
Me: …
Friend: They WIN!
Me: …
Friend: …
Me: Yeah okay I think you are very right. I should just do as you say.
Friend: Yeah.

I attempted arguing against my friend by giving dead-ends to the issue. I thought that was a easy way to prevent further discussion of the issue. However, some people, like my friend, seemed really worked up on the issue of giving me a good opinion. If that kind of thing happens to you, maybe take a step down would be the easier way to prevent further discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment