Friday, March 13, 2015

WiseguyNY Pizza in Chinatown, Washington D.C.

Wiseguy NY Pizza located at the edge of Chinatown is a place I came upon when I was on the craving for good pizza. Coming from NYC, good pizza that matches the standard of a snobby New Yorker is hard to find in DC. My company and I eventually decided to go for a try at this place after seeking the overwhelming positive reviews created by happy pizza lovers on yelp. The place is filled with classy hippy old money hipster vibe, with limited amount of seating area, and decent music volume.



You can order their pizza by slices or whole. We grabbed a quick bite hence got a couple slices with different toppings. Their pizza is delicious, no doubt. They are similar to NY pizza, but not exactly the same. 


I ordered a only cheese pizza and a slice of mushroom pizza without pizza sauce on top. On the side was a small bowl of fresh motz salad with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil in light Italian dressing and a piece of garlic bread on top. I have had the best tomato salad and the best garlic bread of my life here. Nothing I have tried beats that small  bowl of red, yellow, and green goodies. The garlic bread is buttery, soft, and fresh. They showed me what amazing a freshly baked garlic bread can be. This place is my current new favorite pizza go-to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment