Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Season 52 in Rockville, Maryland

Season 52 is a chain restaurant that specializes in dishes below 500 calories and fine dining. How exactly did they determine the calories of their dishes, I do not know. After I have heard about the limited calories, I tried imaging burning up the food in a calorimeter, but seems like a lot of work for chain that alternates different menu on a weekly basis. 


Not only with bar and booth setting, they have a very nice Californian style wine room/cabinet behind the warm fireplace featuring a larger than normal list of wines. How cozy.


Ahi Tuna Tartare: layered with wasabi-avocado mousse, tropical salsa, Hawaiian sea salt crisps. I forgot the snap a picture of the Hawaiian sea salt crisps, but I have to say the sea salt crisps was quite disappointing. It was no more than crackers strangled with large amount of black salt crystals -- very salty. Other than that, the layered avocado with tuna tartare was delicious. Fresh tuna combined with mashed avocado reminds me of a healthy meal.


Caramelized Grilled Sea Scallops: Creamy lemon risotto, Baby broccoli, roasted asparagus. I am not a fan of the creamy lemon risotto, and the sea scallops were bad quality with large amount of seasoning. With that said, the steamed baby broccoli was great with the risotto. I would not order this dish again due to the bad quality of sea scallops served.

No comments:

Post a Comment