Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hannya in Miami, Florida

Sushi! was not always the first type of food I think of when I am starving. I visited this restaurant when I was on the crave for Ikura, or sushi with salmon roe on top. There isn't a lot of good Japanese restaurants around south beach Miami, but the quality of raw seafood served in Hannya was definitely much better than some of the fish I have had in D.C. or Maryland.

I stopped by this restaurant during lunch time, at a time where this little corner area wasn't welcomed by many customers. Exposed bricked walls and wave-like lighting adds more of a rustic rather than zen-like feel to the surrounding, fitting right into the culture of materialized Miami.


Thai Ice Tea with milk was authentically American. Yummy.


Gyoza was deeply fried with pork and vegetable fillings inside. It was crispy and warm. Perfect for my acid-filled stomach as an appetizer. The prices for their appetizers are fairly reasonable, and it seems like Hannya does pay attention to the presentation of their dishes.


I ordered Ikura sushi thanks to my sudden craving for salmon roe and the freshness of their fish, I had my best time in Miami with these rolled up pieces of sushi. Crispy seaweed combined with fairly large load of salmon roe. I first consume half of the salmon roe as appetizers. Pop the eggs in my mouth, taste the saltiness and the smoothness of its membrane. Then I consume the whole sushi with about 5 salmon roe eggs left on top for the perfect degree of salt to rice pairing. Absolutely delicious!


By the time I finished those sushi I was too full to get to the vegetable Udon Stir-Fry. I packed it home to enjoy it later. The udon was still chewy and delicious after 2 hours, and bak-choy was fresh, crisp, and sweet. Mushrooms, even through it is canned, is still flavorful. This dish did not disappoint me, I would definitely go back again the next time I'm in Miami.


No comments:

Post a Comment