Friday, November 13, 2015

Young and Ignorant

Have you ever get frustrated at how stupid people sometimes are? Surprised and felt hopeless that the majority of people are absent minded and have no awareness of their stupidity? I was thinking about many instances that I have encountered from talking to people whom just spit out the most presumptuous things, not having a clue about what they sound like. For once I encountered someone who made fun of Ph.D. For studying the chemicals produced uniquely on this one species of butterflies. He found it so childish and the study of butterflies as a act of stripping away one's manhood. He then attempted to create a contrast of his own immature way of thinking by wrapping up his story with "whatever dude, lets just get drunk." Another story I have heard was the conspiracy theory that, the lack of progression in HIV vaccine is a result of an governmental/conservative/religious attempt to wipe out the homosexual population. The fact that these kind of instances where people from wealthy business backgrounds completely ignoring human moral values that exists in us, made me feel worried in this overly materialized world where everyone is focused on being entertained and stimulated. They are not spending time thinking about themselves, hearing other voices, and looking from other people's perspectives. 

But then when I started thinking about hearing other voices, and seeing from other people's perspectives, I reached the conclusion that maybe I am the arrogant one just like them. My inability to understand the perspective of a non-science individual is just a precise example of me being a part of the young and ignorant or the old close minded generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment