Saturday, October 31, 2015

Continuity in space

I remember when I was studying art history, I came upon an work of art named "Unique forms of continuity in space". This piece immediately stuck to my mind, which was highly unusual for me. I am not good at remembering things unless I absolutely have to do it. But this title came to my frontal cortex and never left. The name, idea, and the meaning of the piece itself, had helped me gone through so many things in life.

The idea of futurism has a positive note that I believe everyone at least once in their life would associate with. Think postwar, and the sudden industrial growth. It celebrated change, the adoption of a brand new world, a brand new beginning. The unique forms of continuity in space, like a constantly changing society, is so unique that no timeless identifiable form. It signifies fluid and movement, yet it is indestructible. The cognitive mind also has its unique form in space. People can experience difficult things that were as detrimental to the mind as nuclear bombs to a country; but the will to go on with life is indestructible. After the many times which I faced failures, heartbreaks, and death, I overcome and become a slightly different person. My personality and values changed in both good and bad directions, but I am still here. The old me ten years back, is slightly different from the current me. I'm pretty sure the me ten years in the future is going to be slightly different too.

No comments:

Post a Comment