Wednesday, April 22, 2015

StateFarm

There are times that I was clueless about some of the major companies that exist in today's society. Apparently there is a major auto insurance company called StateFarm. The first time I came to its exposure is when I was conversing with one of my ex-roommates whom I did not get along with. From my perspective, she was cranky, self-absorbed, passive-agressive, etc. I'm sure from her perspective I was the same. Flash back to the beginning of a fun summer break after a hard working college year, I was asking her about her summer plans out of curiosity. And the conversation goes like this:

"Are you doing anything for the summer?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna work for StateFarm."
"Oh cool, what kind of work are you going to do?"
"Just some filing and organization."
"Oh cool, so what kind of vegetables do you guys grow?"

And I never heard from her again. For a while I was confused as to her lack of response, only later I was so curious to look up online of what kind of vegetables do StateFarm grow. Indeed, they don't grow any vegetables, nor any animals of that sort. Thinking back to the currently situation, I wasn't sure if she took it as my attempt to disrespect her or if she through it was just plain cluelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment