Monday, April 28, 2014

Favorite snacks nowadays

If you are like me, who live in the greater bethesda area, you probably don't travel too far for food due to the abundance of local and international markets nearby. Aside from creating new dish and discovering new foods, I am actively hunting down new places for snacks where I can munch on at leisure times. These, are the current snacks, sweet and salty, healthy and un-healthy, that I am crazy about:

Olli Salamini Calabrese

These I only can find in WholeFoods, and are very local to the area. They come in small bags, and are quite pricy, $5.99/bag. They are made with cayenne pepper and paprika, so they are a bit spicy. With only 11% fat content, I consider them healthier than other cured sausages. However, recently I have been cutting down on them, since a close friend of mine nicely warned me that cured meats can cause cancer.

Ka-me Original Rice Crackers

These rice crackers have been on the market for a long time, however, only recently did I look into them. The first time I was offered one of them was at a pleasant multiple course dinner at Komi in Washington, DC. The first course came with a couple of plumpy roe eggs on one of these rice crackers.  Maybe I was under the effect of atmosphere, but that combination tasted delicious. You can find them anywhere these days, a simple American supermarket will do.

Asher's Milk Chocolate Covered Sandwich Cookie

Two pieces of hard cookie with tick layer of milk covered the milk chocolate. Not bad. They are crunchy. I have not gotten sick of them yet. I found them at world market for $0.99/cookie. So far so good!

Joe's Smores

Now let me make it clear, the actual snack does not look like this. This picture is a picture of Joe's Smores with salted caramel. The one that I tried was the classic smores with a pieces of soft graham crackers and a flattened marshmallow together bathed in milk chocolate. It is hard to get smores snacks, so I consider this a good get. I also found these at World Market for $0.99/cookie. The cashier lady was very considerate when she was checking out for me. She told me to cut these smores cookie a half, otherwise it is hard to just eat only one. I agree with her, I am going back tomorrow to get more.

--------
After supplying more of those delicious snacks, I was finally able to snap a picture of Joe's Smores.


No comments:

Post a Comment